KVPD Public Campground
May 27 – Oct 16, 2016
Reserve your spot today!
Kankakee Valley Park District Campground offers 13 sites for
tent camping and 14 sites for RV camping with a common dump station and water area. All of the RV sites have electric hook-up that is 30 amps. At everysite there is a picnic table and fire ring with grill accessories and are handicap accessible. Vehicles are allowed in the campground but due to limited parking each camp site is limited to 2 vehicles, RV sites areallowed an RV
and 1 additional vehicle. Campground
is located at River Road Park. Turn at Centrue Bank Sports Complex and follow road, campground is on the right.
- RV camping - $15/day
- Tent camping - $8/day
- Parking at boat launch - $5/day
Call the KVPD today at 815-939-1311 to reserve a campsite for this summer!
- A reserved campsite begins at 2pm on the first day and ends at 12 noon on the last day of the reservation. All on site reservations are subject to availability.
- Camping reservations for holiday weekends, (Memorial Day, Labor Day, Fourth of July) when it falls on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, must be made for 3 nights.
- Because the Kankakee River is unpredictable with its fast current, drop offs and rocky bottom, patrons should always wear a life jacket.
- All motorized vehicles are prohibited on KVPD property and bike trails.
- Please park along the road and either walk, run or bike on the trails.
- Quiet Hours in the campgrounds are observed from 10pm – 7am, no vehicular traffic during this time.
- At least one responsible adult (18 and over) must accompany each group of 10 minors.
- Pets must be kept on leashes at all times and should always have their rabies tag on their collar. Owners must pick up after their pets.
- Campers that have made previous reservations can enter the campground after quiet hours to setup but must check in with host in the morning.